Carl-Dave Global Ventures offers varieties of Industrial Kitchen, Bakery, Catering and Hotel Equipments for sale at very good price in Lagos, Nigeria and all our products come with 12 months warranty.
Our Customer's satisfaction is our priority; we will be glad to be of service to you.
Please be informed that due to the unstable nature of the economy, prices displayed on each item may change at anytime. kindly contact us for current prices.
Thanks for your patronage!
Join us on Google+
Do you work in the catering or food distribution industry? A meat slicer for commercial purposes is the right choice for anyone who needs to speed up the cutting process. The possibility of slicing large amounts of food with precision makes this machine a must-have for every company or activity that wants to combine quality and efficiency, eliminating waste permanently, regardless the frequency of use.
The primary function of a slicer is to create uniform slices of different types of foods. We will mainly discuss meat slicers in this post as they are the more advanced equipment and used in a large variety of restaurants.
One of the primary benefits of a slicer is the consistency it allows to slice perfect portions of meat in your deli. Slicers not only give certain foods a neat appearance but they also offer space saving benefits for food storage and minimize food prep workloads.
Commercial Slicer Parts & Operation
Some major components of a meat slicer include:
- The blade – used for slicing the product
- Carriage slicer knob – for adjusting the cut of the meat (thinness/ thickness)
- On/off switch – for powering the automatic device on or down
- Rubber Feet – for stabilizing the slicer onto a flat surface
- Sharpener – for sharpening the slicer blade
- Replace Blade Cover – A protective cover for the slicer blade when not in use
To use a meat slicer:
- Rotate the adjustment knob to set the thickness desired
- Use the weight handle to apply pressure on the food product that is being sliced
- Push the carriage back and forth over the blade, while catching falling pieces of meat with your other hand
- Make further thickness adjustments as necessary
- To begin automatic slicing you will pull the start /stop button and push it in to end automatic slicing
Safe Usage & Cleaning
There are many way to protect yourself when using a slicer. First, respect the fact that it is a rotating blade that has the potential to hurt you. Second, understand the operation of the slicer. Here are a few more tips:
- Wearing cut-resistant gloves for added protection is a great way to enhance safety when both cleaning and using a meat or cheese slicer.
- Always use the food pusher rather than your hands, regardless if they are glove protected.
- You want to pay close attention to the task at hand when operating a slicer, therefore distractions such as reaching over the slicer, or attempting to multitask in any way is strongly discouraged.
- Keep your slicer clean. It helps maintain the slicer’s performance plus removes potential sanitation issues.
Sanitizing your machine daily is recommended. You can clean your slicer by follow a few simple steps:
- Make sure the slicer is unplugged. Also ensure the gauge plate is in a fully closed position.
- Open the product tray by unscrewing the knob.
- Remove the blade face plate by removing the nut on the back side of the unit.
- Remove food particles from the front side of the blade.
- Wash, rinse, and sanitize machine parts using degreaser spray or a soapy cleaning solution with half hot water and half dish soap.
- Let air dry.